Tuesday, January 18, 2011

World Spins Madly On



God. This song.

At work a couple of days ago, with Pandora open in one of my tabs. Locking stuff up before going on a smoke break. When suddenly...

Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
I thought of you and where you'd gone
And let the world spin madly on

Ever had words literally shake your insides? It's like letters smashing into auditory sensors, pushing, frantically, into your brain. The signal of recognition as they wreak havoc down your throat; you swallow hard.

Vertical
Free
Fall
...into your stomach. And they sit there, and they simmer.
And I stood there, humanity moving around me, propelled - always - by blissful ignorance, and I couldn't move.

The whole word is moving and I'm standing still

There was a time when I thought this song alone would make up the playlist of my life.

One year (and counting at times) is a desperately long time for broken ribs to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment